Notes: Before You Update
Libraries (footprints), Projects, Schematics, PCBs, and Panels saved in Quadcept 10.7.0 are not backward compatible with earlier Quadcept versions. Please be aware of this if you are currently sharing these data with multiple users.
- Updated .NET Framework to 4.8.
* .NET Framework 4.8 is required to install and run Quadcept.
- The Delete key can now be used to remove a project from the Project window.
- The last run date for ERC/DRC/MRC can now be checked on the screen.
- The messages during design are now displayed on a toast instead of in a dialog for smoother design work.
- Enhanced the component upload to CCM.
- The revisions of placed symbols / footprints can now be viewed and compared.
- Changed the display format of port addresses so that they can be separated on different lines or moved to desired locations.
- Added the shortcut menu to go directly to the destination of a port.
- Enhanced the rectangle creation mode to create squares.
- Revamped and enhanced the Keep Out Area objects for better usability. (The Keep Out Area layers and objects are now separated by purpose. Pattern Keep Out Area / Drill Keep Out Area / Component Keep Out Area / Height Limit Area)
- Added the ability to convert a closed single connected line into each Keep Out Area or a Height Limit Area.
- Revamped the behavior of the MRC clearance check to prevent false detection of errors.
- A plane can now be created for a footprint. The net of a plane will be automatically set based on the net of the pad to which the plane is assigned.
- Added the ability to automatically trim silkscreen to make it easier to create silk layers.
- Added the Current Layer setting to the Display Layer Settings. The specified layer will be displayed when the display layer setting is applied.
- Revamped the HOLD feature for route width for more intuitive and better usability.
- Improved reference leader lines for better viewing.
- Added the ability to show/hide the outlines of dynamic planes.
- Added the ability to set scale when importing DXF files.
- Added the ability to output connection lines (rats nest) when printing a PCB sheet.
- Added the ability to import/export a component placement information file. This allows you to move multiple components at once via file import.
- Added the ability to break the links between dimension lines and their corresponding objects. (Bulk conversion to Free Dimension / Leader Line)
- Horizontal text position can now be specified for each dimension line.
- Added the option to fix the zoom magnification when panning.
- Added references to components in STEP files to make it easier to identify components.
- Objects in a footprint are now targeted for Keep Out Area Violation checks by the Keep Out Areas in that footprint.
- Improved the messages in the Transfer Content shown when running Annotation.
- Fixed an issue where some files provided by UltraLibrarian could not be imported.
- Fixed an issue where excluding components using “Prefix” in the “Select Excluding Component” dialog when performing a component update would also exclude unintended components.
- The number of unmounted components is no longer exported to the lists such as a BOM file.
- Fixed an issue where adding a new sheet to a project in the Project window could cause other projects in that window to be expanded.
- Added a notation to prompt name entry for power supplies / ports in each placement dialog.
- Fixed an issue where an error would occur in nested sub-circuits when running the Link with LTspice command.
- Fixed an issue where encrypted SPICE models could not be used for the Link with LTspice feature.
- Fixed an issue where gate components that were placed across multiple design sheets could be detected as Reference Duplication violations.
- Fixed an issue where unnecessary junctions were generated and unintentionally connected by the operations such as updating / replacing components.
- Fixed an issue that the Range settings in the Update Reference dialog did not work properly.
- Fixed an issue where components could not be placed if the filters for footprints were disabled.
- Fixed an issue where active footprints were not output into the CSV files exported from the Assign Footprint dialog.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect pin numbers and unintended net differences in project files converted by the CR-5000 SD converter.
- Fixed an issue that caused an error when running the Update Device Block command for certain data.
- Fixed minor issues found during internal testing.
- Added the Use Default button for the Run DRC/MRC dialog to easily reset the settings back to default.
- Added an alert message for output file names when exporting manufacturing data.
- Revamped the UI and editable items for the Route dialog.
- Improved the behavior of the message dialog shown when running the Rebuild All Planes command.
- Fixed an issue where Unconnected Net errors could be falsely detected due to dangling routes.
- Fixed an issue where Edited Component Check errors could be falsely detected depending on the angle of the component.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect DRC setting names could be shown in the DRC Results window under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where online DRC settings were reset upon restart.
- Fixed an issue where connection lines could be shown incorrectly between pads and thermals.
- Fixed an issue that clearance was generated for hidden references when updating dynamic planes.
- Fixed an issue that line width could not be changed while routing in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where certain splines would not be input correctly when importing DXF files.
- Fixed an issue where oval shapes could not be inputted when importing DXF files.
- Fixed an issue where pad coordinates could not be edited in the Pad dialog.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an error when running the Trimming command for differential pair routes.
- Fixed an issue where an angled “aperture macro” was not drawn correctly in the Gerber viewer.
- Fixed an issue where PCB names that a panel referenced were not updated and remained out of date.
- Fixed an issue where a panel area was calculated including unnecessary objects.
- Fixed an issue where alignment marks and fiducial marks placed during panel placement could not be edited.
- Fixed an issue where the end point of a routing segment could not be anchored by a click while the bottom view was applied in the Canvas Settings.
- Fixed an issue where routes with their Cap Shape set as Square could be hidden when selected.
- Fixed an issue where filled objects of the same shape would be deleted when merged at the same location.
- Fixed an issue where filled objects could not be merged if they contained cutout outlines.
- Fixed an issue where the “Align Selected Objects to Justify Left and Right” / “Align Selected Objects to Justify Top and Bottom” commands did not work correctly under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where the Generate Offset Figure command did not generate the correct shape for certain data.
- Fixed an issue where teardrops were not covered by the Subtract command.
- Fixed an issue where the teardrops of certain customized pads would have an unnatural shape.
- Fixed an issue where transferring a footprint with its reference placed on the bottom layer to a PCB sheet would place its reference at the top layer.
- Fixed an issue where rotating pads individually in a footprint would cause them to be out of alignment.
- Fixed an issue where moving / rotating objects would not work correctly in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where through pads in components were not being treated as component pads in ODB++ files.
- Fixed an issue where the folder name was different from the format specification for ODB++ files.
- Improved the UI to show the mirror settings for each page on the PCB print screen.
- Fixed an issue that would fail to convert BD files with certain data.
- Fixed an issue that caused unintended differences in MRC results for certain data designed in the past.
- Fixed an issue where DRC errors would be detected beyond the maximum number of DRC results under certain conditions.
- The Digi-Key Search dialog now supports the Digi-Key’s new category structure.
- Fixed an issue that caused incorrect behavior when transferring a schematic created in a CCM-unconnected environment to a PCB in a CCM-connected environment.
- Fixed minor issues found during internal testing.